Do you know those delicious cinnamon almonds at the mall? Well these are SO much better! And you can make them for about the same price you pay for one of those tiny bags. I LOVED the way this made my house smell! It seriously makes me want to make a batch daily. The brown sugar and cinnamon mixture gives an AMAZING flavor and the perfect crunchiness…. I almost think that the ones at the mall are a little too crunchy. And how perfect are these for gifts for the holidays? I feel like I have to spread the deliciousness of these and give them to all my friends and family!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: Nothing
Things that I would do differently next time: Reduce the amount of sugar.
Will I make these again? Everyday
Recipe From: Detrimental Beauty
- 1¼ C. Sugar
- 1¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Cups Almonds
- ¼ C. Water
- Mix together in a large bowl sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl with a whisk, mix together the egg white and vanilla until it is frothy. Add the almonds and coat thoroughly. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
- Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. I used a 4 quart. Add the cinnamon almond mixture to the almonds and turn it to low. Stir until the cinnamon sugar mixture is coated well on the almondsBe prepared for your house to smell amazing!
- You want to cook for about 3-4 hours. Mine took about 3. Stirring every 20 minutes. In the very last hour, add ¼ cup water and stir well. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the mixture to harden.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds should be pretty sticky so be sure to seperate them the best that you can and let them cool!
*Update: There is a lot of sugar left over in this. You can reduce the sugar to probably about 1 cup of each and only putting about an 1/8 cup of water. I am going to be testing it out this week. Also your almonds will be very dark and clump together. Just spread them out and try to unclump them as best as possible and let them cool.