10 ounces white almond bark (can also use white chocolate)
1 teaspoon shortening
5 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Measure the 5 cups Chex Mix and put in a bowl, set aside.
2. Melt the almond bark and shortening in a saucepan.
3. Once melted add the crushed peppermint. I used a food processor to crush the candy canes. It worked great and made the candy canes very fine and the perfect consistency for the mix.
3. Pour the melted almond bark over the chex mix. Stir well. Let the mixture cool for a minute in the bowl.
4. In a large zip lock bag, add the powdered sugar. Dump the cereal mixture into the ziplock bag and shake to coat them in the powdered sugar.
5. Give as many away as possible because you will eat them one by one until they are gone. 😉
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017