10 ounces white almond bark (can also use white chocolate)
1 teaspoon shortening
5 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Measure the 5 cups Chex Mix and put in a bowl, set aside.
2. Melt the almond bark and shortening in a saucepan.
3. Once melted add the crushed peppermint. I used a food processor to crush the candy canes. It worked great and made the candy canes very fine and the perfect consistency for the mix.
3. Pour the melted almond bark over the chex mix. Stir well. Let the mixture cool for a minute in the bowl.
4. In a large zip lock bag, add the powdered sugar. Dump the cereal mixture into the ziplock bag and shake to coat them in the powdered sugar.
5. Give as many away as possible because you will eat them one by one until they are gone. 😉
December 5, 2012
I had this thought the other day when I was eating my 100th Peppermint Kiss. What if I made my favorite snack with peppermint crushed in it? I loved the white chocolate and peppermint together and since I am kind of obsessed with muddy buddies, I decided to make this. HOLY COW! These were so good! It was seriously like Christmas in my mouth and I couldn’t stop eating them! I think this became my favorite of all of the muddy buddy versions that I have made! So addictingly good!
Things that I changed: I kind of made this recipe up as I went along. I copied it from my funfetti muddy buddy recipe.
Things that I would do differently next time: I saw that they have chocolate mint peppermint candy canes! I want to try this with those!
Will I make it again? Yes! Would also make a fun neighbor treat.
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.