Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: I really couldn’t get enough of the soup! I left it in the slow cooker until the hubby got home and kept sneaking tastes of it. It is so delicious and creamy. I love that it made a lot because I will have some for left overs tomorrow! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 14 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, add olive oil and saute the onion until it is almost clear. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, sauce, paste, water, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. In a blender or food processor puree the mixture until it gets to your desired consistency. I like mine a little bit chunky just like Paradise Bakery. Yum
4. Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and serve!
Yield about 8 cups
Recipe adapted from Full time Mama