Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: This recipe has a little bit of a kick to it because of the chipotle peppers but the flavor is awesome. These were alot easier to put together than I thought and using turkey meat made a great change to your regular enchilada. I will be making these a lot before my cruise because they were healthy and delicious!
Meat filling mixture:
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
15.5 can black beans, drained and rinsed
4.5 oz can chopped green chilis
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 chopped cilantro
1-2 tsp chili powder
8 (6 inch) low carb whole wheat flour tortillas
1 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobe sauce
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1. For the enchilada sauce, spray cooking spray in medium saucepan and saute the garlic.
2. Add chipotle chilis, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet, brown the turkey meat and season with salt. Add the onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, green chilis, diced tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Mix well and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your 9×13 by spraying with non stick spray.
6. To assemble, put a 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each tortilla and roll up. Place with the seam down in your 9×13.
7. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Top with low fat sour cream, scallions or cilantro if you would like!
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 enchilada • Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 278.7 • Fat: 8.7g • Protein: 27.0 g • Carb: 35.6 g • Fiber: 15.1 g
Recipe from Skinnytaste