Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: This recipe has a little bit of a kick to it because of the chipotle peppers but the flavor is awesome. These were alot easier to put together than I thought and using turkey meat made a great change to your regular enchilada. I will be making these a lot before my cruise because they were healthy and delicious!
Meat filling mixture:
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
15.5 can black beans, drained and rinsed
4.5 oz can chopped green chilis
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 chopped cilantro
1-2 tsp chili powder
8 (6 inch) low carb whole wheat flour tortillas
1 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobe sauce
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1. For the enchilada sauce, spray cooking spray in medium saucepan and saute the garlic.
2. Add chipotle chilis, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet, brown the turkey meat and season with salt. Add the onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, green chilis, diced tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Mix well and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your 9×13 by spraying with non stick spray.
6. To assemble, put a 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each tortilla and roll up. Place with the seam down in your 9×13.
7. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Top with low fat sour cream, scallions or cilantro if you would like!
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 enchilada • Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 278.7 • Fat: 8.7g • Protein: 27.0 g • Carb: 35.6 g • Fiber: 15.1 g
Recipe from Skinnytaste
Skinny Chipotle Black Bean & Turkey Enchiladas
February 6, 2013
There are just certain recipes that I find that I know that I will love. This was one of those recipes. I love turkey meat and black beans. The spices and flavor in these were awesome. I love not having to compromise on taste while eating a low calorie meal. 278 calories to be exact. And these are just what I needed to get back on track from my Sweethearts Buddies binge. Dang those delicious creations!
You might also enjoy:
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.