I did a guest post over at Mandy’s Recipe Box a few weeks ago. I had to share some muddy buddies over there. I have quite a few different variations, and my obsession is no secret. Even when I am trying to watch what I eat, I had to try a ‘skinny’ version so that I could still get my fix. Every time I try a different spin on Muddy Buddies, I think that they are the best that I have made.
But this cookies and cream version of them… wow! They were a huge hit! The tiny crushed oreos to coat the outside of the chocolate made them taste amazing! These are an easy and fun snack that the whole family will love. And if you haven’t tried muddy buddies before, then join me in my addiction! I might even be eating some as I am typing this. hehe Look at them. They are just screaming out, ‘Eat me!’
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Review: This version was definitely one of my favorites! I did love the crushed oreos throughout and I will definitely be making these again!
- 5 ounces white chocolate chips
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 tsp shortening
- Oreo cookies (8 for crushing and some for putting pieces throughout)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Divide the chex cereal into two bowl. 2 1/2 cups in each.
2. In a food processor crush 8 oreos until fine. You can also crush in a gallon size bag with rolling pin.
3. In two gallon size bags, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar into each bag with 1/2 of the crushed oreos into each bag. (It was about 1/2 cup of crushed oreos.) Set aside.
4. Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Melt 30 seconds at a time with 1/2 tsp shortening in each stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.
5. Once melted, stir in the chocolate into the separate bowls with Chex cereal until the Chex are coated well with the chocolate.
6. Add the white chocolate and milk chocolate separately to the gallon sized bags with powdered sugar and crushed oreos and shake until they are coated. Then add some extra crushed pieces to the mixture at the end. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy:
Stay connected with The Recipe Critic!
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016