I am so excited to introduce you to one of my favorite bloggers, Liz over at Love Grows Wild. I am bringing her aboard The Recipe Critic team as one of my recipe contributors! I have so much love for this girl and I know that you will too. Not only is she probably the sweetest thing you will ever meet, she is amazing at DIY projects and recipes! This girl does it all. She even organizes her grocery list by the aisle. 🙂 We have become good friends through blogging. Liz is so talented and I really am so happy to have her sharing her amazing recipes with us. Let me turn the time over to the beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, talented, perfect, loving, crafty, sweet Liz! How’s that for an intro… hehe 🙂
Hey everyone! You may remember me from my first appearance at The Recipe Critic a few weeks back (did you see the yummy Orange Scones I made?), but if not then let me introduce myself! My name is Liz Fourez, and I write the blog, Love Grows Wild. If you’re looking for delicious new recipes to try and creative projects to beautify your home, then I’m your girl!
- 1 red pepper, seeded, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cilantro, limes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes until vegetables are just tender but still crisp and slightly browned. Remove vegetables from pan onto a plate and set aside.
- Lightly coat one side of a tortilla with cooking spray and place oiled side down in a skillet over medium heat. Add ⅛ of the cheese to the tortilla and ¼ of the vegetables on top. Add another ⅛ of the cheese and place a second tortilla sprayed with cooking spray on top.
- Cook quesadillas about 2 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned and slightly crunchy. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into four pieces and serve warm along with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cilantro, and limes if desired.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017