A few years ago, I was apart of a girl’s camp for our youth group. One of my friends that came a long, brought these delicious mint cookies. They were the HIT of the camp that year and all everyone talked about. As soon as I got home from the camp, I had to get the recipe and make them for my family. They were so delicious especially with the mint sandwich square melted on top.
I knew that I had to make these cookies with Fernwood’s delicious mint sandwich chocolates. Here is the best part of these cookies; they are made with a cake mix and so simple and easy. You can have them ready to go into the oven within 10 minutes. They are perfectly chewy, packed with chopped mints, and topped with a square of chocolate to make the perfect mint cookie. I had a little five year old that kept sneaking them away. I’m surprised they made it to the photoshoot!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box Devils food cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped Mint Sandwich Chocolates (Fernwood 14 oz box worked great)
- 8 oz mint sandwich chocolates for melting on top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs together. Lastly, fold in the chopped mints.
- On a baking sheet, drop spoonfuls of the dough on top. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press a mint sandwich on top of cookie. Let sit for about 5 minutes and smooth the chocolate out like frosting. Enjoy!
Thank you Fernwood Candy Company for sponsoring this post! All opinions expressed here are my own! Fernwood Chocolates are also available in Utah at any Associated Food Stores or Seagull Book and Tape.