There is nothing better than warm cobbler out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting on top. This dessert was so fast and easy to throw together and was absolutely delicious and perfect for fall!
I had to make a dessert last week for a group of about 40 people. I wanted something easy to make and something that represented fall. It took minutes to throw this dessert together. It came out so yummy with the soft crust on the bottom and the crisp on top of the apples. I took a shortcut by using pie filling but it came out fantastic. Everyone loved the dessert and I loved how easy it was to make! If you are looking for an easy but delicious dessert this is definitely one to try!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 21 ounce apple pie filling (or favorite pie filling)
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, and baking powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 inch dish, pour melted butter evenly over the bottom. Sprinkle dry ingredients that you just combined over the top of the melted butter.
- Layer apple pie filling evenly over the dry ingredients.
- Combine crisp ingredients and cut cold butter into small cubes. Using a pastry blender or fork combine cold butter with crisp ingredients. Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.