Well spring was coming here for us in Utah. But now we are getting dumped with snow today. Not sure how I feel about it since we have been enjoying the warm weather here. But being a Utah native, I am used to the ups and downs of spring here. But I am hoping for some sunny days ahead!
I love a great pasta dish! And this is such a good meal in one that gets some rave reviews! The flavor is fantastic and reminds me of an enchilada while eating it. I loved the shredded chicken inside that made this meal complete. It has wonderful spices and flavor to it. I especially loved being able to top this with all of my favorite things! Fresh avocado, red pepper, and a little sour cream. You can customize this enchilada pasta just the way you like it!
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
A delicious pasta dish that is a meal in one and tastes like an enchilada!
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 10 oz. cans green chili enchilada sauce
- ⅔ cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the onion until tender. Add the garlic and red pepper and cook a few minutes more.
- Add the shredded chicken, green chilis, cumin, chili powder, salt and enchilada sauce until heated through. Add the pasta to the sauce. Stir in cheese until melted and sour cream right before serving. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Recipe Source Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.