Hi everyone! My name is Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled and I’m so excited to be guest posting on The Recipe Critic. Thanks, Alyssa, for inviting me! Summer is all about enjoying the beautiful warm weather and cooling off after a hot summer day with a refreshing treat like these delicious S’mores Fudge Pops I’m sharing with all of you today!
You might be thinking, a popsicle seems like the opposite of a s’more, right? Because s’mores are hot and crispy and scorched and melty, whereas a popsicle is cold and frozen and…also melty!
So, see? Not opposites after all!
And the best part is if it’s too hot outside to enjoy the traditional s’mores by the fire, you can still enjoy all the chocolate-marshmallow-grahamy goodness with these frozen fudge pops.
These S’mores Fudge Pops are simple to make, they start out by using mini marshmallows, chopped graham crackers, and mini chocolate chips to make the s’mores mixture. Combine the s’more mixture together and divide among twelve 5 oz. paper cups.
Now for the fudgsicle-y base, all you need is cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix, milk and marshmallow creme. Microwave the pudding mix and milk in a large microwavable bowl. Stir in the marshmallow creme once the pudding has cooled and thickened up a bit. And then spoon the pudding over the s’mores mixture in each cup.
I used 2 colorful paper straws in each cup to make these pops even more fun, and summery but you can use a popsicle sticks as well! And lastly, place the pops in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
When you’re ready to enjoy your fudge pops, just peel off the paper cup and enjoy!
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup chopped graham crackers*
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- 12 (5 oz.) paper cups
- 24 paper straws or 12 Popsicle sticks
- In a large microwavable-safe bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix together for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thickened. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine chopped graham crackers, mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips to make s’mores mixture. Divide s’mores mixture evenly among paper cups.
- Stir in marshmallow creme into cooled pudding. Spoon pudding evenly into cups. Insert (2) paper straws or (1) popsicle stick into each cup and place in freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Once the pops are frozen and you are ready to serve them, simply tear off the paper cup and enjoy!
- *NOTE: To chop graham crackers, place 5 full-sized graham crackers into a large zip-top bag, remove the air, and smash with the back of a rolling pin.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash - October 27, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #71 - October 22, 2016
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies - October 17, 2016