Hello, Recipe Critic fans!
I’m Jennie, the author and baker over at The Messy Baker. I’m filling in for Alyssa while she takes a little break from blogging to spend time with her growing family.
I hope you guys like smoothies, because that’s what I’m bringing to the party today. I combined two of my favorite summertime ingredients, coconut and strawberries, to create a thick, tropical smoothie that’s both healthy and indulgent.
My mornings are always hectic. I roll out of bed late, take my time in the shower, and just generally putter around the house until I’m down to the wire and racing to get out the door.
I never skip breakfast…and I mean never. It’s the fuel I need in order to make it through the day. While I don’t have time to whip up an omelet, I always make sure I have something portable that I can eat on the run.
This strawberry-coconut smoothie comes together in under 5 minutes and can be easily devoured on the go.
I packed the blender full of strawberries, coconut-flavored Greek yogurt, coconut milk, toasted coconut, oats, flaxseed meal, and half a frozen banana for that thick, creamy texture everyone craves in a smoothie. If you want an extra boost of protein, you can add a scoop of protein powder to your smoothie.
This smoothie may be healthy, but it tastes like you’re sipping on a milkshake.
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 5 fresh or frozen strawberries
- half a frozen banana
- 1 (5.3-ounce) cup coconut-flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed meal (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of your blender. Pulse until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Makes 1 (8-ounce) smoothie
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017