Hey guys! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb back to share another recipe with you! In the morning I love me a BIG fat lemon poppyseed muffin. I like it with lots of icing and if I can get it warmed up, I’m in heaven. I recently made some lemon poppyseed muffins but I also had a huge bowl of blueberries in the fridge just dying to be added to the batter so as a last minute thought, I threw them in. Oh my gosh am I glad I did, they are AMAZING! The blueberry-lemon combo is so tasty and the icing and poppyseeds just pull everything together. This is a great way to make busy morning breakfasts easy and delicious!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with cupcakes liners and set aside.
- Mix flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients in two installments, alternating with 3 additions of yogurt. (DO NOT OVER MIX or your muffins will turn out hard and tough) Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake at 475 for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 and bake 15-18 minutes until muffins are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together all icing ingredients. Pour over cooled muffins. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
*Recipe adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl
Stay connected with Creme de la Crumb:
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 30+ Must Make Apple Recipes - September 6, 2016
- Grilled Chicken, Bacon, and Pear Salad with Poppyseed Dressing - August 19, 2016
- 47 Ways to Use Up That Zucchini - August 3, 2016