With rain and cooler temperatures here in Utah, I can feel that fall is just around the corner. Fall is my favorite season. I love how the leaves change. I love the cooler sweater temperatures. And I especially love fall baking!
Apple and pumpkin are my favorite things to bake with. I would bake year round with them if I could. When I woke up this morning I wanted to bake a treat that had apples in it. I immediately wanted to bake my favorite recipe for crumb bars. These things are amazing. The sweet sour cream center is delicious and is my favorite part! Everything that I love about apple pie is in these bars. And my house smelled amazing like apple pie while they were baking! If you love apple pie, you will these delicious bars!
- ½ c butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8×8 square pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- Make the crust by whisking together in a medium bowl the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but make sure all of the butter is incorporated.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of your 8×8 prepared baking pan.
- For the sour cream filling, mix together in a large bowl the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8×8 pan.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cinnamon and nutmeg. Coat the apples with the mixture and sprinkle apples evenly over sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle your reserved ¾ cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016