I absolutely love where we live. We used to rent an apartment close by and moved to a house just two streets down. Now we live in a house that is just three doors down from our beautiful neighborhood park. There are always families taking walks and walking their dogs and big giant trees line the streets. My boys love their school and it is perfect here.
Before we left to North Carolina, I got an email from one of my neighbors, Sarah. It was some of their families favorite tried and true recipes. I am always looking for ideas and inspiration and I was so excited that she took the time to email me. All of her recipes sounded amazing but I especially wanted to make this one. They call them Sugar Roll Ups or Cheese Pancakes. She said it was a favorite breakfast when she was little and now it is a favorite of her boys! I am always looking for new breakfast ideas and couldn’t wait to try it out.
Hands down one of the best breakfasts that I have had! Do not be afraid of the cottage cheese. Whether you love cottage cheese or not, everything is blended smooth in the blender in a matter of seconds. It is so easy to make and ready in no time at all. But the flavor of these pancakes were so delicious and unique. It almost tasted like it had a cream cheese taste to them and they were delicious! They are a cross over between a crepe and a pancake. You can customize them however you want to. Add syrup, fruit, whipped cream, anything you want! We just loved them with butter and sugar and fresh fruit on top. They were gone as fast as I could make them and my boys asked if I could make them again for dinner! This recipe instantly became a favorite of ours as well!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Add ½ cup of the batter to the center of your heated skillet. Once small bubbles start to form flip the pancake to the other side. Let it cook for another minute or so until golden brown.
- Optional toppings: Spread the top with butter and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Or serve with syrup, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 Pancakes
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken - July 19, 2016
- Triple Berry Kale Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing - July 18, 2016
- Thai Barbecue Chicken - July 17, 2016