Fall is my favorite time of the year. I especially love all of the fall baking that comes with it. Fall desserts are amazing. One of my favorite desserts are these Pecan Pie Bars. How can you now love a shortbread buttery crust with pecans and a caramel glaze coating on top? Now lets take it to the next level and add some chocolate! 🙂
Everything is better with some chocolate. And these were sure amazing. A rich shortbread chocolate crust and a caramel pecan chocolate glaze on top. These are incredible. They are a perfect fall dessert and really amazing any time of the year. But I love how they remind me of a Pecan Pie. These were a huge hit with everyone and I know that you will love them too!
- Chocolate Crust:
- 1 ½ cups All purpose Flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small chunks
- Pecan topping:
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and salt. Pulse until combined. And in the cold butter pieces and pulse again until the dough comes together.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the 9x9 inch pan. Sprinkle the pecans over the crust and then the chocolate chips.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, cream, vanilla, over medium heat. Whisk until smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting in squares.
Recipe Source Heather Christo
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016