I love finding amazing new soups to try. With fall here and winter just around the corner, soups become a weekly staple in our house. My family can be pretty picky when it comes to soups. So I love it when everyone gobbles it down and asks for seconds. This recipe became an instant family favorite.
Creamy tomato soup is such a classic. I loved the added cheese tortellini to this soup. It gave it just the right flavor with added texture. It was oh so creamy and had such a great taste. Of course we had to make it with some grilled cheese. Grilled cheese and tomato soup go hand in hand. This was such a great meal! There was no soup left over and everyone loved it! We will be making it again and again!
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- ½ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. In a Large pot, add the tomato soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and reduce soup to a simmer.
- Drain tortellini and add to the soup. Add parmesan cheese. Serve and sprinkle with additional cheese on top if desired.
Recipe from Taste of Home