I love finding amazing new soups to try. With fall here and winter just around the corner, soups become a weekly staple in our house. My family can be pretty picky when it comes to soups. So I love it when everyone gobbles it down and asks for seconds. This recipe became an instant family favorite.
Creamy tomato soup is such a classic. I loved the added cheese tortellini to this soup. It gave it just the right flavor with added texture. It was oh so creamy and had such a great taste. Of course we had to make it with some grilled cheese. Grilled cheese and tomato soup go hand in hand. This was such a great meal! There was no soup left over and everyone loved it! We will be making it again and again!
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- ½ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. In a Large pot, add the tomato soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and reduce soup to a simmer.
- Drain tortellini and add to the soup. Add parmesan cheese. Serve and sprinkle with additional cheese on top if desired.
Recipe from Taste of Home
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016