Whenever I hear the word Nacho I think of Nacho Libre. Nachhhhhhoooooo! (In my best Jack Black voice.) Isn’t that movie the best? We watch it over and over again as a family and it never gets old! The first time that I saw it, it wasn’t that great to me. But then the second time it was hilarious, and now it gets funnier every time!
Anyway. While we are on the subject of Nachos, lets talk about this soup. Picture your favorite nachos covered in cheese with a little bit of spice. Now picture a soup that tastes just like your favorite nachos. This is that soup my friends.
Holy cow. This soup is out of this world good. Seriously in my top 5 favorite soups of all time. I originally made it here but people would ask if it could be made in a slow cooker. Well I had to test it out for myself. It was just as good and the soup stayed a good consistency while in the slow cooker. My favorite part is at the end when you pile in the cheese and just let it melt.
I made this on a busy day full of basketball games and other school activities. It was so easy to put in the slow cooker and stayed warm so that all of my family could eat at different times. My son said that this is the best soup that he has ever had. You guys are going to love this one!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (10¾ ounce) condensed nacho cheese soup (cheddar soup will also work)
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilis, undrained
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings:
- Crushed tortilla chips
- In a medium sized skillet cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until beef is no longer pink and the onion is clear. Drain the grease and add to slow cooker.
- Add soup, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chilis, and milk. Stir.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours. Stir in ½ cup cheddar cheese and allow to melt. Can be kept on warm for an additional 4 hours. Top with crushed tortilla chips and additional cheese if desired.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016