Moist chocolate pumpkin cupcakes with an amazing cinnamon pumpkin cream cheese frosting! These are the perfect fall treat!
Today we are celebrating a birthday. And what better way to celebrate a birthday than with some cupcakes? It is the Pillsbury Doughboy’s 50th birthday this year! Pillsbury sent me a box of goodies and I knew that I wanted to bake some cupcakes to help us celebrate.
Monday was the first official day of fall. We have gotten in a good routine now that school is back in session. It can be pretty busy and hectic with school. Homework seems to take over but my kids always look forward to some kind of after school snack or treat.
I loved that these cupcakes were easy to make and perfect for this time of the year. These chocolate pumpkin cupcakes couldn’t have turned out better. They were perfectly moist and the cinnamon pumpkin cream cheese frosting on top was to die for!
I chose to use the traditional chocolate cake mix. It makes these cupcakes so easy to throw together. With just a few ingredients and some canned pumpkin, these cupcakes are ready to throw into the oven in just a few minutes. They bake perfectly moist and have such a yummy chocolatey pumpkin flavor.
Cream cheese is my favorite kind of frosting but when you add some pumpkin and cinnamon, it takes these cupcakes to a whole different and delicious level! The flavor is absolutely amazing and the perfect fall flavored frosting on top of these chocolate pumpkin cupcakes.
Whether you are celebrating the Pillsbury Doughboy’s 50th Birthday, the fall season, or the fact that school is back in session, these cupcakes are perfect for any occasion. My family gobbled these down and they will become an instant favorite with the first bite!
- 1 Pillsbury® Traditional Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 (15 oz) canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese frosting, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl mix the cake mix, canned pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg until incorporated. Fill each liner ⅔ of the way with the batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin, and cinnamon until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled cupcakes.
* I was compensated for my time creating this post as a brand ambassador for Pillsbury. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017