Taco Chili Pasta Bake is my husband’s absolute favorite pasta and is sure to become a new family favorite!
This Taco Chili Pasta Bake is OH MY YUM delicious! or in other words, positively addicting! It is my husband and I’s ultimate go-to comfort food – comfort food without butter or cream I might add – just ooey, gooey melty cheese – mmmm!
To make this easy pasta, simply brown your beef and onions and then dump in all your other Tex Mex chili-esque ingredients (kidney beans, green chilies, creamed corn, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and plenty of seasonings) and simmer away for 10 minutes, then stir in your cheeses, followed by pasta – that’s it!
You can eat your pasta straight out of the skillet as is, or you can proceed with one extra step of pouring your dinner into a casserole dish and smothering with more cheese and baking to golden, bubbly cheesy deliciousness. I choose bubbly cheesy deliciousness, drool….
Finally, top your Taco Chili Pasta Bake with tortilla strips, avocados, sour cream and/or whatever your heart desires and dig in! But be warned, once you start, you won’t be able to stop! addicting…
- 12 oz. celllentani pasta (may sub rigatoni, penne, etc.)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.75 can sweet creamed corn
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chilies
- 1 10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. ⅓ less fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1½ cups Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Cook pasta al dente in generously salted water (don't overcook). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Drain off any excess grease.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in creamed corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, green chilies, and spices. Turn heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted, then stir in ¾ cup cheddar cheese and 1 cup pepper jack cheese until melted. Add pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add pasta. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes then broil until cheese is golden.
- Garnish with tortilla strips and other desired toppings.