Soft, cake like cookies that are bursting with fresh blueberries and have a hint of lemon. These cookies melt in your mouth and are topped with the most amazing lemon cream cheese frosting!
We had such a great day together yesterday as a family. We watch LDS general conference together and enjoyed the nice sunny day. It was so warm that we took a walk and we were actually getting hot! I love that the warmer weather is coming.
We made this Blueberry Lemon Cookies this weekend and they were such a hit. Honestly these are easily one of the best cookies that I have made!
As you already know I am such a huge fan of lemon. But I am an even bigger fan of the lemon blueberry combination! These cookies have a soft cake like texture to them and fresh blueberries bursting in every bite. But one of the best parts is the delicious lemon cream cheese frosting on top!
You guys have GOT to make these cookies! You won’t be able to stop at just one. These cookies are little bites of blueberry and lemon heaven and you are going to love them just as much as we did!
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces blueberries (about 1 cup)
- Lemon cream cheese frosting:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl or a stand mixer beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, eggs, and juice of a lemon until incorporated. Slow add in the flour mixture until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Drop by 2 tablespoon full onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Let cool on a wire rack.
- To make the lemon cream cheese frosting: Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest and juice and slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled cookies.