Chocolate Filled Mini Brownie Bites are little fudge brownie bites are made in a miniature muffin tin and then topped with a Hershey’s kiss or hug candy. They are quick to make and so delicious!
Hey guys! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a fun Mother’s Day dessert idea! Or, really, this dessert works for any day of the year, but it would be especially sweet (and easy to do) for Mother’s Day this weekend!
These little fudge brownie bites are made in a miniature muffin tin and then topped with a Hershey’s kiss or hug candy. They are quick to make and so delicious!
The most important thing to note with this recipe is to REALLY grease the muffin tin well. The brownies stick like crazy to liners and they are tough to get out if you don’t grease the tin well. The easiest way I’ve found is to grease the pan with actual shortening and then a light sprinkling of flour (or cocoa powder).
- 4 (1 ounce each) Squares Chocolate
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ cup white flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Hug or Kisses Candies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease (I use shortening to get them out completely) and then flour (or use cocoa powder) a mini muffin tin.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between each burst for 15 seconds. Allow for the chocolate to cool completely -- it shouldn't be warm at all.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy and then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the chocolate and vanilla until just combined.
- Add the flour and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Fill up each tin ¾ths the way full and bake for 9-13 minutes or until completely set. Allow the brownies to cool for about 5 minutes and then press an unwrapped candy into the center.
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman.
MORE Delicious Desserts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.