This Snickers Cheese Ball is perfect for holiday potlucks and gatherings! Loaded with caramel, chocolate and peanut butter, it’s perfect served with apple slices, other fruit, and graham crackers.
Happy Holidays friends! Ashley here from The Recipe Rebel!
I hope you are having a incredible December filled with friends, family and food — lots and lots of delicious food!
I just love celebrating this time of year. Gathering with loved ones in warm houses, sipping hot chocolate and munching on all of the different offerings. This year? This is definitely going to be one of my offerings!
Believe it or not, I haven’t made a lot of cheese balls in my day. Maybe that means I don’t get out enough, because I feel like they’re the kind of thing you make to share, not necessarily to devour alone on the couch while binge-watching Netflix. You know?
But the holiday season is upon us, and so here I am with this insanely delicious Snickers Cheese Ball for you! You can serve it with fresh fruit or graham crackers, but my favorite is definitely with apples. Apples and snickers just go together, right? We all know and love that combination!
If you happen to enjoy Snickers and apples but not sharing, you can always whip up the cream cheese mixture and freeze in 4-5 smaller portions, then simply pull one out to thaw and devour by yourself, after the kids are in bed. I won’t judge!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup cream or milk
- 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup thick caramel sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts, divided
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Add peanut butter, chocolate chips and cream to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth (this should take about 45-50 seconds).
- Add in the cream cheese and beat until smooth and combined.
- Add in the sugar and caramel sauce and beat until smooth.
- Stir in ½ cup peanuts and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips. Wrap in plastic wrap and press into a ball. Refrigerate until set (to make ahead, wrap well and freeze at this point up to 3 months).
- Stir together remaining ½ cup peanuts and ½ cup mini chocolate chips in a shallow bowl. Roll chilled cheese ball in peanut mixture, pressing into an even circle as you do so. Place on a large plate with apple slices and graham crackers and serve.
You might also like these Snickers inspired treats!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.