Grilled Chili Lime Chicken is made with tender and juicy grilled chicken with the best chili lime marinade! This is one that your family will love!
Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb here to share one of my very favorite go-to weeknight dinner recipes with you. Grilled chicken is a staple in my house, all year round but especially in the Spring and Summer time, and now that the weather has been warming up, I’ve been using my grill several times a week in celebration.
This simple chili lime marinade can work its magic in as little as a half hour but if you think ahead, it’s 10 times better if you can let it hang out in the fridge for a few hours. Serve it up with a side salad or your favorite Spring veggies and kick off grilling season with this tasty chili lime grilled chicken!
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4-6 boneless chicken thighs
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Combine with chicken in a zip lock bag, press the excess air out, and seal. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Use tongs to transfer chicken to the grill, then discard the marinade and bag.
- Grill for 6-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro if desired.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.