Skillet Brownie Sundaes! These mini skillets are filled with warm fudgy brownies loaded with chunks of chocolate and topped with ice cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles and of course the cherry on top! Perfect small batch dessert for two!
Hey y’all! Serene from House of Yumm back with you today. And today I’m bringing you a small batch Skillet Brownie Sundae recipe. The combination of warm gooey brownie with cold ice cream is a definite winner.
Plus sprinkles and cherries just make me happy. Not to mention cooking in skillets. Something about skillets make everything seem more comforting to me.
The brownie recipe is adapted from the recipe I used for the Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies. Except this time around I wanted them extra gooey. So I added melted chocolate to the batter. And extra large chocolate chunks. Just to make sure there would be enough chocolate.
The brownie recipe makes just enough to fill up two 5 inch cast iron skillets. I say this recipe is made for 2 since the skillets are small. But honestly once you load the brownie up with all the good stuff on top two people could probably share one, if you’re into sharing that is.
You could also enjoy the brownie all on it’s own. But I highly recommend adding at least the ice cream on top. There’s just something about the combination of warm brownie topped with ice cream that makes everything right in the world.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1//2 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add chocolate to medium size mixing bowl.
- Place the butter into a small bowl and melt with a quick trip into a microwave. Pour the melted butter over the chocolate. Allow to sit for about 1 minute to soften the chocolate, stir until smooth and all chocolate is melted. If needed heat in microwave at 10 second increments stirring in between until all chocolate is melted and there are no lumps.
- Add in the sugars and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, vanilla extract and eggs. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Prepare the 5 inch cast iron skillets by spraying with baking spray. Divide the brownie batter between the two skillets.
- Place the skillets on a large baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until done. Don't overbake! We want our brownies gooey.
- Let brownies cool for a few minutes then top with ice cream and remaining or desired toppings to create a sundae!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
More House of Yumm desserts you may enjoy!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.