When I was growing up, we had a neighbor every year bring us a plate of cookies. These cookies were always on the plate. They have always been one of my favorites! There is just something about the walnut in them and how they are rolled in powdered sugar that I absolutely love! I love cookies like these because they are so great for a cookie exchange, or even for yourself! I like that they are small and cute because then I feel better about eating 5!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: I didn’t toast the walnuts… but I am going to try next time!
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will i make this again? Yes
2 oz Walnuts
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup Flour
Powdered Sugar for coating your cookies
1. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and salt together in bowl. You have the option of toasting your walnuts until golden brown, but let them cool.
2. Place the walnuts in a food processor or blender and crush until fine. Add this mixture to the butter, sugar, and salt.
3. Add the flour slowly to the mixture and mix until combined.
4. Wrap the dough in seran wrap and put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill.
5. After chilled, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drop the dough by small scoops onto parchment lined cookie sheets. (I didn’t line mine in parchment and they still turned out great.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Take them out and let them cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled, roll them in the powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Recipe from The crafted Sparrow