Hi friends! I’m Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I’m back to share another fun recipe with you! The temperature has been scorching here in the Midwest lately, and I’m constantly guzzling water to stay cool and hydrated. But sometimes I want something more flavorful than water to quench my thirst, and this Summertime Tea has definitely done the trick! It is sweet, fruity, and so refreshing!
The drink starts by brewing some regular herbal tea, and then I add the fruity flavors of orange and lemon to make it extra special! I use frozen orange juice and frozen lemonade concentrate that has been thawed to make my life really easy (no lemon-squeezing involved!) I just pick up the cans from the freezer section of my grocery store, let them sit out until they are thawed, and add 3/4 cup of each concentrate to the tea. It gives the tea incredible flavor and is so refreshing on a hot Summer day!
After all the ingredients are mixed, make sure to chill the drink for at least 1-2 hours to get the best flavor. Don’t forget to add some lemon slices and fresh mint leaves to make the glasses extra pretty!
This recipe makes about 18 servings, so it is great for parties! You’ll have plenty for all your guests, and I promise they will be begging you for the recipe!
A delicious and refreshing summertime drink that everyone will love!
- 14 cups water, divided
- 6 individual herbal tea bags (lemon flavor would be great!)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- ¾ cups frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, concentrates, and remaining water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Make it pretty! Add fresh mint leaves and/or lemon slices to the drinks for garnish.
Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home
I’ll see you again here in a few weeks, but until then I hope you’ll visit me at Love Grows Wild and check out my latest projects and recipes!
You can also connect with me here: