Hey again! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I have an extra special treat to share with you today! Whenever I have extra berries on hand, one of my favorite things to make is flavored butters. Have you ever tried it before? This sweet berry butter is amazing spread on a stack of pancakes, and you can whip it up in just a matter of seconds. For today’s recipe I’m using beautiful, bright raspberries, and I think you’re going to love it!
I’m a lover of all breakfast foods… french toast, muffins… you name it, and I love it! I could probably eat breakfast for every meal of the day and be perfectly content for the rest of eternity. Well… maybe with some cheesy nachos thrown in every once in awhile. You know, just to balance out all that breakfast.
This Raspberry Butter is the perfect compliment to my beloved breakfast because you can use it with pancakes, french toast, muffins, or even simple buttered toast. The bright pink berries swirled throughout the butter makes a gorgeous, colorful presentation, and a little bit of powdered sugar adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the mix.
The next time you’re having company over for breakfast, this is a great recipe to surprise them with! They’ll think you spent hours creating a fancy berry-studded butter, but in reality you can have this whipped up and chilling in the refrigerator in just a few minutes!
All you have to do is let 2 sticks of butter come to room temperature… you want them mushy, but not melted. Add the butter and a bit of powdered sugar to a stand mixer bowl and whip for about 10 seconds on high. Then toss in 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries and mix for another 5-10 seconds with the paddle attachment. You want to mix the berries enough to break apart and mix throughout the butter, but not too much where the berries burst. It literally just takes a few seconds! Dump the berry butter mixture onto some plastic wrap and roll up to create a log. After it chills in the fridge for a few hours, you have a delicious, pink raspberry butter to sweeten up your breakfast!
My favorite way to enjoy this Raspberry Butter is with fluffy, tender buttermilk pancakes… you can find that recipe on Love Grows Wild HERE!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Add the softened butter and powdered sugar to a stand mixer bowl and mix on high with the whisk attachment for about 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add the fresh raspberries to the bowl. Mix on medium speed for 5-10 seconds until the berries break apart, but not burst.
- Dump the butter mixture onto a long sheet of plastic wrap set over a long sheet of foil. Wrap and roll the butter mixture into log, twisting the foil ends as you go to make the log compact. Chill for at least 2 hours until firm and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
-Adapted from Pioneer Woman.
Stop by Love Grows Wild for more delicious recipes anytime!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and have a beautiful day!