I seem to have a little obsession with Cafe Rio. There is just something about that place that I could totally eat there weekly. You can’t go wrong with any of the meats that they have. I love their sweet pulled pork (copycat recipe here) and their chicken is also fantastic. I have been dying to try out the recipe for the shredded chicken, and now my copycat recipes of all of the Cafe Rio recipes are complete!
The best part about this shredded chicken is that you cook it in the slow cooker. You can throw in the simple ingredients within 5 minutes. The chicken just peels apart it is so tender. And the flavor is AMAZING!! My family couldn’t get enough of it. I served these with simple veggies in homemade tortillas. But the cilantro ranch dressing is my absolute favorite and topped them off perfectly!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- ½ cup zesty italian dressing
- ¾ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1 oz package dry ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup water
- Optional toppings:
- minced cilantro
- roma tomatoes, chopped
- fresh lettuce
- cilantro ranch dressing
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all of the ingredients except for the chicken into your slow cooker. Mix until combined.
- Add the chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked throughout.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Replace the chicken back in the slow cooker and mix with the juices! Enjoy!
Recipe source Today’s Creative Blog