I have had to get pretty creative with lunches for my boys since they have been home during the summer. It is so easy to just send them to school and not have to worry about what we are going to eat for lunch. And I know that we all are so excited to get back to Utah and get back to school, friends and family. I saw an idea for baked taquitos on pinterest and I knew that my boys would love them!
Sure enough! They gobbled these bad boys up. The cream cheese chicken was awesome inside of these and gave them amazing flavor. They were creamy and absolutely delish! I love recipes that become an instant favorite. I will take baking over frying any day and it gave the outside a yummy crunch. We absolutely loved these things. They are going to be made a lot at our house and make a perfect lunch or dinner!
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil and spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, salsa, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, lime juice, and salt. Add in the shredded chicken, colby jack cheese, green onions, and cilantro. Stir until combined well.
- Add about 3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture about 1 inch from the edge of the flour tortilla. Roll it up and place it seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with each one and place about 1 inch apart not touching each other on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortilla is lightly browning around the edges. Serve with sour cream, ranch, or your favorite sauce!
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites