Hey Recipe Critic Readers! Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. How was your holiday? I hope it was fantastic! I also hope you were able to eat all the cookies you possibly had time to make. I know we are a little bit over cookies at the moment at my home, but I’m sure that will change in about 1 day.
However, for now it’s muffins and other healthy foods that I’ve been craving to replace all that sugar from cookies! These muffins aren’t super healthy, but a lot better than cookies that’s for sure. They are super easy to make and a perfect way to use those old and ripe bananas sitting on your counter!
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 and ½ cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners
- In a large bowl, beat together the bananas, egg, brown and white sugar, vanilla, and melted butter.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fill up 9-10 muffin cavities and fill any remaining muffin cavities up halfway with water to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffins.
Here are some more delicious and easy muffins from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: