A delicious broccoli salad full of bacon, cheddar, and almonds. The creamy dressing on top is sweet and tangy and AMAZING!
I told you in my last post when I made Broccoli Apple Salad, that we are obsessed with broccoli. It is our favorite vegetable in our house. I recently discovered at Costco that they have big bags of broccoli florets. Prepare for Broccoli salad overload!
As soon as I made the Broccoli Apple Salad, it became an instant favorite. It quickly became popular with the readers and they loved it and raved about it as well. I knew that I wanted to make another but make it a little more savory this time.
Thats right. I added bacon. Your welcome! 🙂
Bacon makes everything better and it was just what this salad needed! I also added cheddar cheese cubes, red onions and sliced almonds. I couldn’t get over how amazing the result was! So many delicious flavors and textures were combined in this salad.
I had to stick with the same dressing that I used for the other Broccoli Salad because it really is incredible! There is just something about it that makes the flavor of this salad so delicious. It just coats all of the salad ingredients so perfectly giving it a sweet and tangy flavor.
You guys are going to love this salad and it will become a hit wherever you take it!
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and broken
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Creamy Dressing:
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, , red onion, cheddar cheese, bacon, and almonds.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.