It was 90 degrees today. It is safe to say the rain has stopped and the heat of summer is here. We enjoyed every minute of it and had to celebrate with a barbecue of course. We love to grill at our house and I love to create delicious things to throw on the BBQ. But let me tell you this. If you only grill one thing this summer from the blog LET IT BE THIS!
I love my homemade teriyaki sauce recipe here on the blog. But since I also love pineapple I decided to add some pineapple to the recipe and the result was fantastic. It gave the sauce the perfect balance of sweet. And I also grilled some fresh pineapple with the chicken and served it with the chicken.
Oh my gosh. I am not even joking when I tell you this is one of the best things that I have ever grilled in my life. Teriyaki is such a classic loved sauce and with my little twist I made it even better. This is a recipe that is even picky eater approved. You will love it and it needs to be made this summer!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- green onions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the mixture.
- Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for later.
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Grill the chicken on each side for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Put the chicken on the plate and brush with reserved sauce before serving. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds if desired.