My favorite better than takeout fried recipe made with quinoa! It adds protein and all of the benefits of quinoa and you won’t be able to tell a difference in this better for you dish!
Quinoa is so much better for you than white rice and I couldn’t even tell a difference with my first bite! I used it to meal prep for an entire week and it was full of amazing flavor and veggies inside. I looked forward to eating it every single day. It was that good!
This recipe is better than any takeout you will get and better for you! A total win in my book! 😉
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour vegetable oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil on top. Stir and fry the quinoa and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.