Over ripe bananas and zucchini get used in this delicious and perfectly moist bread. The cream cheese swirl hidden inside is the best part! This is one amazing bread!
My little girl loves bananas. But the problem is I get a big bunch every week at the store. Which means she can’t eat them fast enough. It’s not always a bad thing because I always have over ripe bananas on hand. And since it is zucchini season I always have that on hand as well. So when I saw this recipe for Banana Zucchini Bread I knew just the thing to make!
But I decided to add just one thing. Cream cheese. This took this bread to a whole different delicious and amazing level!
The bread was moist and baked to perfection. It has a cup of zucchini and a cup of banana hidden inside. The cream cheese is like a cheesecake layer swirled in the center of the bread. It blew my mind! This is the best quick bread that I have had to date!
If you are nervous about baking a bread with a vegetable inside don’t even worry! I love to bake desserts and treats with zucchini inside and you can’t even tell. My kids love it and it is a great way to sneak veggies in. This will be one of the best breads that you can make and I know you will love it too!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another small bowl beat the egg, bananas, oil and vanilla extract. Stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in zucchini. Pour half of the mixture into your 9x5 inch pan.
- To make the cream cheese swirl: Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Pour evenly over the bread. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown. If the top starts to brown too fast, tent with foil at about 30 minutes. Allow bread to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting.