Creamy alfredo sauce with chicken, pasta, artichokes, and spinach come together in this incredible casserole! This will be one that the entire family is going to love!
This time of year is so busy! With the holidays, school activities, and gatherings, it can seem to be overwhelming to say the least. I can never seem to catch a break and trying to balance everything can be difficult. I try so hard to cook some delicious meals during the week for my family. It is nice to just slow down and sit together and enjoy a nice casserole and talk about life. This ends up being my favorite time of the day. Sitting down for 20 minutes together before my boys have to run out the door to scouts or other activities.
If you love spinach artichoke dip you are going to go crazy for this casserole. Spinach artichoke dip is one of my favorite dips and I could probably eat it all in one sitting! So when I was thinking of a casserole to make, I immediately knew that I wanted to make this one. My perfect creamy alfredo sauce mixed with pasta, chicken, artichokes, and spinach made an absolute delicious result!
This made the list of one of the best casseroles that I have made! I know that your family will love it just as much as we did! 🙂
- 1 package (16 ounces) favorite pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 2 cups cubed chicken, cooked
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 (8 ounce) cans quartered artichoke, drained
- Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package directions. In a large bowl combine pasta, cooked chicken, 1 cup cheese, spinach, and artichoke.
- To make the alfredo sauce: In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Add alfredo sauce to the large bowl and toss with ingredients to coat. Pour into the prepared 9x13 inch pan. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked throughout and bubbling on the sides.