Delicious and creamy lemon cheesecake top a graham cracker crust and chills in the fridge. They are made with lightened up ingredients and make the perfect lemon dessert!
It has been a while since I posted a dessert on the ole blogsky. But sheesh. I ate enough dessert over the holidays to last a while. And my skinny jeans collecting dust in the closet can back me up on that. But for some reason I was needing a dessert last week. I love any dessert that has to do with lemon and a creamy cheesecake. So when I saw this dessert with half of the calories I knew that I needed it in my life.
I love any dessert that starts with a buttery graham cracker crust. Then it gets followed by a layer of creamy lemon cheesecake. It is light and refreshing and I couldn’t get enough of it!
These are so incredibly delicious and lemony it is hard to stop at just one square. I loved my first bite and that creamy lemon cheesecake layer is to die for.
If you are looking for an amazing dessert that is light on calories and full of delicious lemon flavor, then you are going to love this dessert!
- 14 whole-grain graham cracker squares (7 full sheets)
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package ⅓ less-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Line an 9 inch pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside. In a food processor combine graham cracker squares and pulse until crumbs are formed. Add melted butter, and brown sugar. Press into the bottom of your 8 inch pan. Chill while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk and beat on high with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add lemon zest and juice and beat until fully incorporated, another 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and boiling water and whisk until gelatin is entirely dissolved; let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the gelatin into the cream cheese-lemon mixture until well incorporated. Pour the filling over the crust. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, until filling is firm.