These muffins are super moist, not too sweet, and almost healthy. The oatmeal streusel topping adds the perfect little crunch that you are going to love!!
Hi everyone, it’s Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled! Happy New Year, can you believe it’s the new year already!? I don’t know about you but 2015 just FLEW by! Anyway, now that it’s the new year, I’m all about my New Year’s resolution which is remembering to eat breakfast. I’m terrible about eating breakfast and I know it’s the most important meal of the day.
So, I thought I would share with you one of my go-to breakfast recipes which are these delicious Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins. These muffins are super moist, not too sweet, and almost healthy. The oatmeal streusel topping adds the perfect little crunch that I love.
These muffins are super simple to make, so grab those ripe bananas off your kitchen counter and make these Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins, I know you are going to love them. ENJOY! ♥
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries chopped & tossed in 1 Tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray 12 muffins cups with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make Streusel: In a small bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and melted butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! Fold in floured covered strawberries.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop muffin batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle tops of each muffin with streusel topping. Bake at 425F for 5 minutes. Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350F and continue to bake for 12-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
More delicious muffin recipes from Deliciously Sprinkled: