A quick, easy and impressive 30 minute meal that is packed with delicious flavor! Tender and juicy chicken, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic come together to being you a meal that is sure to wow the family!
I made this Tuscan Basil Chicken last year and it is still a family favorite. I love meals that are made right in the skillet and ready in just 30 minutes. I decided to adapt from this recipe adding even more flavor and textures and the result was incredible!
The best part about this meal is that it is ready to eat in 30 minutes and is impressive and delicious. I just had to put a few ingredients together and voila! A delicious dinner that is restaurant quality ready for my family to eat.
This recipe combines sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Simple but flavorful ingredients come together to bring you an amazing meal. The chicken cooks right in the skillet to tender and juicy perfection.
My entire family ate this chicken. Even the picky one. He did pick out the mushrooms but all in all it was a win! You can’t go wrong with this easy skillet meal that is full of flavor. I know that you guys are going to love it just as much as we did!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 12 ounce sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fire roasted tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- fresh chopped basil for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add the chicken and salt and pepper. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. Set chicken aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tbs olive oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms until tender. Add the sun dried tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Place chicken back into the skillet and heat until the sauce is bubbling. Add salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with chopped basil.