A creamy coconut blueberry oatmeal bowl topped with fresh fruit, granola, and chia seeds. Nutritious, healthy, filling, and delicious!
Hey Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron! The minute that berries come into season we go through them like crazy. They end up in breakfast every morning — whether it’s a fruit smoothie, on top of cereal/granola, or mixed in oatmeal.
To be totally honest, I’m actually not a huge oatmeal fan. HOWEVER, the second I add in some fresh or frozen fruit, I could eat oatmeal for days!
Since I’ve never loved oatmeal I’ve experimented with it a lot and developed a crazy delicious oatmeal recipe!!
This oatmeal whips up super quick and is honestly the best oatmeal I’ve ever had. It’s made ultra creamy with coconut milk. A little sweetener and it’s practically dessert for breakfast! The best part is the toppings — we love some good granola (link to my favorite recipe in the recipe box), fresh fruit, and chia seeds. Whatever you like mixed in granola will be delicious with this recipe!
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3-5 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup blueberries, separated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Toasted coconut honey almond granola (TOP ratings!)
- Fresh fruit such as blackberries, blueberries
- Dried Cranberries
- Chia Seeds
- Add the coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and 1 cup water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the oats and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes stirring every once and a while. Add in ½ cup blueberries, cover, and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the oats are cooked through and the mixture is super creamy.
- Remove from heat and add in the remaining ½ cup blueberries and brown sugar.
- Cover and allow to sit for another 5-10 minutes to really thicken up.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
The most popular and delicious breakfast ideas from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: