Creamy Garlic Herb Mushroom Chicken is a quick and easy 30 minute meal with amazing restaurant quality taste! The creamy garlic and fresh herb mushroom sauce over this chicken is insanely delicious!
I love to cook for my family each night but we are so dang busy! Life isn’t ever going to slow down is it? Especially with end of school year activities and summer coming. And the fact we are closing on a house next week and moving means life is going to get a whole lot more cray cray.
This is why 30 minute meals are my BFF lately.
Not only is this meal on the dinner table in 30 minutes or less it tastes like it came out of a restaurant! It is so impressive and SO easy to make!
I have got a freezer full of boneless skinless chicken thighs so I used them for this recipe but chicken breasts will also work great too! You pan fry the chicken and then make the AMAZING creamy garlic herb sauce. The creamy sauce is TO DIE FOR.
The smell of the fresh herbs cooking in this creamy and delicious sauce is incredible. I used a mixture of sage, thyme, and rosemary and it infused such amazing flavor. You can use a mixture of your favorite herbs to add such great flavor to the sauce. I am telling you. This dish is INCREDIBLE!
If you are looking for a quick and easy restaurant quality meal you have found it! Put this on the menu for dinner and you will not regret it!
Creamy Garlic Herb Mushroom Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (breasts can also be used)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh herbs (I used thyme, sage, and rosemary)
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add oil. Add the chicken thighs and cook on each side until cooked thought and no longer pink. Remove and set aside on a plate covered with foil.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet and saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove and set on a plate with the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and whisk for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the fresh herbs.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken back to the skillet and toss in the creamy sauce. Serve immediately.