This orzo pasta salad is filled with fresh veggies and has a fresh lemon taste. Perfect for your next potluck!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. Today I’ve got an easy pasta salad with NO MAYO! Don’t get me wrong, I love pasta salads with a rich mayo dressing, but sometimes they aren’t the best if you have to transport them or have them outside during a hot day.
This pasta salad is perfect for hot summer days because it won’t go bad if it sits out for a little. It is best chilled, but it won’t get bad quickly either!
This salad is packed with veggies and has a fresh taste from the lemon. You can easily switch up the veggies to what you like best. Pretty much anything goes in this one! 🙂
- ¾ cup uncooked orzo
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup cubed mozzarella
- ⅓ cup ribboned basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain and place in a large bowl.
- While orzo cooks, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, oil, salt, garlic, and honey. Whisk until well combined.
- Toss the corn, chopped red pepper, & chopped zucchini with olive oil and salt and pepper on a tray.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping every 7-8 minutes in the preheated oven. (Cook until crisp tender)
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Toss completely cooled vegetables, completely cooled pasta, cubed mozzarella, and ribboned basil with the dressing and chill in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste!
More delicious salad recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: