Chicken cooked in creamy garlic lemon sauce is simple and easy to make in one skillet in under 20 minutes!
Hey guys! It’s Layla here from Gimme Delicious and today I’m going to introduce you to your new favorite weeknight dish! This one pan chicken is tender and delicious and simmered in the most creamy lemon garlic sauce.
Lemon and garlic is one of my favorite combinations of all time and it does not disappoint in this creamy dish. The ingredient list is super short and the cook time is under 20 minutes so this is great when you need a quick meal.
To begin, simply pan fry chicken breasts in a thin layer of butter and olive oil then remove from pan and set aside. Next add the garlic until fragrant then the broth and cream. Let this yummy sauce mixture simmer until thick and creamy then simple return the chicken to the pan and drizzle with lemon. I like to serve this creamy chicken with pasta or veggies and maybe a side of toasted bread to scoop up all the creamy sauce!
- 2-3 medium chicken breasts, sliced horizontally
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (you can also use water if prefered)
- 1 cup light cream or half & half
- juice of 1 lemon
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, drench in flour until fully coated.
- Heat a large pan to medium/high heat. Place butter and oil. Add chicken breasts and cook 3-5 minutes per side or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add minced garlic into the same pan and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant Add the stock and simmer for 1 minute, scrapping down the sides of the pan. Add the cream and simmer for 2-3 minute or until creamy (the mixture will thicken as it cooks).
- Return chicken to the pan, and sprinkle with lemon. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley or parmesan if desired. Serve hot.