Oven Fried Chicken Tenders – tender chicken breaded in a delicious coconut panko mixture and baked to crispy perfection! Skip that trip to KFC!
If you asked my husband what he’d like for dinner every night, crispy fried chicken would be his first choice. He is obsessed with KFC’s perfectly crunchy coating!
With these Oven Fried Chicken Tenders, there’s no need to pull out that deep fryer. It’s so easy to make them in the oven and with less mess to clean up.
Plus, they’re better for you because the chicken is baked and not fried. My family loves that you still get that crispy crust on the outside.
The sweet tropical twist makes these chicken tenders even more delicious! You mix some sweetened coconut together with Panko crumbs to get an amazing crunch!
And the best part is, everyone will love that they can enjoy an extra piece without the added guilt!
Serve it with your favorite dip for an extra tasty treat!
- 4-5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ⅔ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut (use crushed Cornflakes instead if you are not a fan of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place butter on a large rimmed baking tray and melt in the oven for a few minutes. Remove baking tray once butter is melted.
- In a large zip-top freezer bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper. Add the chicken and shake well to coat, pressing through the bag. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add the eggs and beat lightly with the milk; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut, Panko crumbs and dried basil and parsley.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture then coat well into the panko mixture, pressing down to make sure the coating sticks.
- Place the chicken onto the baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes, using tongs to carefully flip chicken. Bake for another 6-8 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken pieces are). Finish by broiling for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken turns golden and crispy.
- Remove chicken and pat wth paper towels. Enjoy immediately served with your favorite dipping sauce.
More delicious recipes from Life Made Sweeter: