This apple pie spice is made for fall! It uses only four ingredients, is simple to make, and you can put it on just about anything to give it that delicious fall flavor.
I love delicious apple desserts during the fall. That crispy crunch combined with cinnamon and nutmeg. YUM! Try out some of my favorite apple recipes like this delicious Apple Pie, these yummy salted caramel apple bars, or a classic favorite, this apple crisp!
What is Apple Pie Spice?
We’ve all heard of the classic, warm and comforting pumpkin pie spice. That flavor makes its debut as early as possible during the fall season and sticks around as long as it can. Don’t get me wrong. I love me some delicious pumpkin pie spice, but… once you try this delicious apple pie spice, you may realize that there is some competition!
Fall is the perfect time to make any and all apple recipes. The fruit is in season, and you won’t taste a better, perfectly crisp apple than you will in the fall! But an apple is only as good as the flavorings that you add to it, and let me tell you, this deliciously sweet homemade apple pie spice is just the ticket to taking any apple recipe to the next level! It has cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and ginger, which flavors any apple dessert beautifully! You MUST try it!
Ingredients in Apple Pie Spice
Like I said before, this only uses four ingredients, and they complement each other perfectly! You will want to put this homemade spice on everything! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Ground Cinnamon: This is a must for any fall recipes!
- Ground Ginger: This is spicy and sweet all at the same time.
- Ground Nutmeg: This warm spice is what every fall recipe needs.
- Cardamom: This has an herbal taste combined with a little bit citrus.
How to Make Apple Pie Spice
If you thought the ingredients list was simple, wait until you see the instructions! three steps and you will be all set and ready to add this to all of your delicious apple recipes!
- Combine: Measure and combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Mix: Mix the spices well to combine.
- Store: Store in a small jar or spice jar with a sealable lid.
If you want to add some more delightful spices, I have some suggestions for you! These blend perfectly with the original spices and this is just a way that you can change things up. That’s the beauty of making your spices at home!
- Cloves: These add subtle warmth and sweet taste to the apple pie spice.
- Allspice: This just adds in more overall flavors and combines delightfully well with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
How Long Do Homemade Spices Last?
The best part about homemade spices is once you have made them then, they can last you all season long! Once you store your apple pie spice in a jar or an airtight container, it should last about 1-2 years.
Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- Measure and combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Mix the spices well to combine.
- Store in a small jar or spice container with a sealable lid.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.