Who needs actual cookie dough when you can have chickpea cookie dough? It’s the guilt-free treat that will have you feeling like a million bucks!
If you haven’t already jumped on the chickpea train, you must! Chickpeas are SO versatile and a great way to add extra protein and fiber into your diet. If you have some leftover cans of chickpeas, you’ll also have to try chickpea curry, chickpea tacos, and air fryer chickpeas for a quick snack!
Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that won’t derail your healthy eating goals, look no further than this chickpea cookie dough! Yes, you read that right – chickpeas can be transformed into a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without destroying your diet. Chickpea cookie dough is keto and macro-friendly, but is so good you’ll forget it’s healthy. You need to make yourself a batch right now!
The best part about chickpea cookie dough is that it’s incredibly easy to make. Simply blend together your canned chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, and a few other ingredients, and voila – the perfect creamy, decadent treat. And don’t worry about feeling guilty! This snack is packed with protein and fiber, making it a healthy choice that will keep you feeling full and satisfied. So go ahead, indulge in some chickpea cookie dough! Your body will thank you!
All you need is a can of chickpeas, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a sprinkle of magic (also known as chocolate chips) to create the heavenly concoction that is chickpea cookie dough! Who knew healthy snacking could be so easy and delicious? Another great thing about this recipe is that a lot of ingredients can be substituted and customized, so you can totally make it your own! Check out the recipe card below for exact measurements.
- Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans: This humble little legume is the star of the show in chickpea cookie dough! Blended up, chickpeas provide a creamy, slightly nutty base that’s perfect for transforming into a healthy dessert. If you don’t have chickpeas on hand, white beans or black beans will also work.
- Water: Adjusts the consistency of the cookie dough.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter adds richness and a nutty flavor to the chickpea cookie dough. If you have a peanut allergy or simply don’t like peanut butter, you can also use almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Honey: Honey provides a natural sweetness to the cookie dough. To make your dough low-carb, go for monk fruit sweetener or Stevia instead.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract adds a warm, sweet flavor to the chickpea cookie dough. Try making your own blend using my recipe here!
- Almond Flour: Almond flour adds a nutty flavor and helps to thicken up the cookie dough. It’s also keto-friendly!
- Salt: Just a pinch to enhance the flavor of the dough.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: Who doesn’t love a little chocolate in their cookie dough? Semisweet chocolate chips add a touch of decadence to the chickpea cookie dough. You can swap these out for milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even butterscotch chips!
How to Make Chickpea Cookie Dough
Chickpea cookie dough is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with regular cookie dough! With just a few simple ingredients and a food processor, you can whip up a batch of this healthy, delicious snack in no time. Let’s get started!
- Prepare Chickpeas: Drain and rinse your can of chickpeas and dry them on some paper towels. Then using a food processor, or blender, blend the chickpeas and water until they are smooth.
- Blend: Add to the food processor or blender with the chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, almond flour, and salt. Blend until it all comes together and is smooth. You may want to stop and scrape down the sides and continue to blend so it has an even consistency.
- Mix in Chocolate Chips: Remove the dough from the food processor or blender and place it in a large bowl. Then add in your semisweet chocolate chips and mix with a spoon or spatula.
- Serve: Enjoy fresh or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Tips and Tricks
Make your chickpea cookie dough dreams come true by customizing your batch to perfection! Add in your favorite mix-ins, adjust the sweetness to your liking, or sneak in some veggies for an extra healthy boost – the possibilities are endless!
- Other Sweeteners: You can replace the honey with a similar sweetener of your choice, maple syrup or agave were good substitutes.
- More Mix-Ins: In addition to the chocolate chips, you can add any additional items you would like! Dried fruit, nuts, pretzels, shredded coconut, white chocolate, or vegan chocolate are all great options.
- Veggies: Sneak some veggies into your chickpea cookie dough for an extra healthy boost! Try blending in some steamed and cooled sweet potato or pumpkin puree for added fiber and vitamins.
- Spices: Experiment with different spices to add extra flavor to your chickpea cookie dough! Try adding a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger for a warm, cozy flavor, or go bold with a sprinkle of chili powder or cayenne pepper. Pumpkin spice is a great choice for fall!
- Serving: This cookie dough is great for dipping but can be eaten on its own. It is not made to bake in the oven however so only enjoy it raw.
How Long Does Chickpea Cookie Dough Last?
Here are a couple ways to store any leftovers if you have them! With this cookie dough as good as it is, leftovers are a rarity at my house. Even my kids love it!
- In the Refrigerator: In an airtight container, chickpea cookie dough will last for up to 5 days. It’s important to note that because this dough doesn’t contain any preservatives, it may start to dry out or change texture after a few days.
- In the Freezer: If you want to keep your chickpea cookie dough for longer, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Chickpea Cookie Dough
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas/ garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Drain and rinse your can of chickpeas and dry them on some paper towels. Using a food processor, or blender, blend the chickpeas and water until they are smooth.
- Add to the food processor or blender with the chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, almond flour, and salt. Blend until it all comes together and is smooth. You may want to stop and scrape down the sides and continue to blend for an even consistency.
- Remove the dough from the food processor or blender and place it in a large bowl. Add in your semisweet chocolate chips and mix with a spoon or spatula.
- Enjoy fresh or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Can you use regular flour?
That should work fine!
Your easy recipes are the best on our planet. Keep them up Alyssa 76 yr old Kumar from California