This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate truffles are the ultimate indulgence. The creamy (almost buttery) chocolate is rolled into balls then coated in a dusting of cocoa powder, nuts, or sprinkles!
Amazingly Delicious Chocolate Truffles
These chocolate truffles are a deliciously decadent treat and the perfect two-bite indulgence. Even though they’re very easy to make, they make every occasion feel special. They also make great gifts packaged in a pretty box!
What Is a Chocolate Truffle?
Truffles are indulgent treats. They’re made by rolling chocolate ganache into balls then dusting them with cocoa powder or chopped nuts. And don’t worry if chocolate ganache sounds complicated. It’s only a fancy word for chocolate that’s been melted in heavy (whipping) cream.
How To Make Easy Truffles
Chocolate truffles are the perfect dessert to make for a special occasion (like Valentine’s Day!), yet they’re so simple to make that you can enjoy them all year round. Making homemade chocolate truffles is really easy!
- Pour some warm cream over chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now do nothing! It’s important to let the chocolate and cream sit undisturbed for a few minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the vanilla and stir the chocolate then put the bowl into your fridge.
- Once the ganache has hardened, scoop it into balls then roll the balls in cocoa powder, nuts, or sprinkles.
Favorite Truffle Toppings
The fun part about making chocolate truffles is choosing what to roll them in. Here are a few of our favorite things to make them look pretty:
- Cocoa powder: Traditional.
- Sprinkles: so many color options.
- Finely chopped nuts: pecans, pistachios, and walnuts are popular.
- Sanding sugar: makes them sparkly.
- Edible gold dust: for a glam look.
- Sweetened coconut: desiccated works best.
- Crushed dehydrated strawberries: pink and perfect for Valentine’s Day!
More Decadent Desserts
- Chocolate Torte
- No Bake Oreo Balls
- Hershey’s Cheesecake Brownies
- Mom’s Nanaimo Bars
- Chocolate Lava Cake with Salted Caramel
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Options for Rolling the Truffles:
- cocoa powder
- finely minced nuts
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put it into a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl.
- Warm the cream over medium heat. As soon as it starts to simmer, remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. DO NOT MIX. Let the cream and chocolate sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the vanilla (if using) and stir the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate into the fridge and let it cool for at least 2 hours.
- Once the chocolate is cool, use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop it into balls.
- Place the toppings you choose into shallow bowls. Using your hands, roll the truffles into balls then roll the balls in the toppings so that they are well-coated. (See notes)
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.