The summers are always a busy time for me. My hubby works every summer in North Carolina and manages a team of about 8 guys. I hardly ever see my hubby because he works long hours. This is one of the reasons why I started my blog last summer. I had a lot of time on my hands and I wanted my recipes in one place. I spend my days cooking for my hubby’s team and they always come home to a home cooked meal after a long day of work. I had to be apart from my hubby for two long months because my boys were still in school and we were finally reunited this week! As soon as I got there I got cooking! This was the first dessert that I made for them!
I loved that this dessert was no bake. I try to use my oven as little as possible, especially in the hot and humid North Carolina summers. The center turned out so delicious and creamy. But with macadamia nuts added into this already amazing dessert blew my mind! I couldn’t wait for them to get home and try it!
One of the guys said he doesn’t like key lime pie. I made him try it anyway. 🙂 He took a bite and then quickly grabbed the whole pie and said he was going to hide it from everyone and eat it himself. He said that it tasted better than the pie that we had in the Keys. This really was one of the best desserts that I have made and the macadamia nuts put a fun twist to this delicious no bake dessert!
Macadamia Key Lime Pie
A creamy and delicious no bake key lime pie with macadamia nuts for a delicious twist! Rating: 5 stars
- 1 cup shortbread cookies crushed
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 package cream cheese 8 oz, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- lime peel optional
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts, and sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press into bottom and sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl or mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Spoon or pipe on top. Top with macadamia nuts and lime peel if desired.