Since visiting The Keys on our cruise, I have been CRAVING key lime pie. Since being home I have been searching for a good recipe that would cure my craving for it. Since I like things in mini individual sizes, I thought that I would create them just like my mini cheesecakes. I was shocked at how delicious and close these tasted to the key lime pie in Florida. They were amazing! They were perfectly moist and had the perfect amount of lime in them. I took them over to my parents for dinner and they couldn’t even wait to eat them. My hubby isn’t even a huge fan of key lime pie and loved it! It was so fun being able to remember all of the fun memories we made in the Keys with one delicious bite!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: Loved everything about this recipe and it is surprisingly easy. The only thing that I would change is the graham cracker and better ratio. I misread the original recipe and put in ¾ cup butter instead of ¾ stick of butter! Oops! Although still amazing I will definitely be reducing the amount next time I make them! 🙂
Mini Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs crushed (about 12 squares)
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 3/4 stick butter about ⅓ cup
- 3 large egg whites beaten
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk 14 oz.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 T Lime zest
- 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- Crush the graham cracker squares in a food processor or place in a gallon size bag and roll with a rolling pin.
- Add sugar and butter and mix into the crushed graham cracker.
- Press 1 tablespoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a cupcake liner. I put 1 T in and then pressed down with ¼ cup measuring cup. You have the option to bake this at 350 degrees for 8 minutes so that it can harden. I skipped this part and it turned out great!
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg whites, condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, and greek yogurt. Mix well.
- Fill the cupcakes about ¾ of the way full with the mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool.
- Top with whip cream and garnish with lime if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.