This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A zesty blend of cashew butter, soy sauce, sriracha, and honey makes this dressing insanely delicious! This creamy and flavorful Spicy Cashew Dressing dressing will elevate any salad with a perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness.
I love homemade dressings! You can make the taste fit your needs perfectly, and you never have to run to the store at the last minute! Check out my favorites like this Asian Salad Dressing, this classic Creamy Poppyseed Dressing, and this yummy Homemade Ranch Dressing.
What is Cashew Dressing?
Cashew dressing is a yummy sauce made mainly from cashew butter, water, and a mix of seasonings. People often use it on salads or as a dip for veggies. The cashew butter gives it a creamy and nutty texture, while ingredients like soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, honey, sesame oil, and rice vinegar add sweet, salty, and spicy flavors.
It’s easy to make and can be adjusted to your taste (which is the best part of homemade dressings)! If you like more spice, add extra sriracha or red pepper flakes. To make it thicker or thinner, simply use more or less water. Cashew dressing is an excellent choice for those looking for a plant-based alternative to creamy dressings with dairy. Its creamy texture and bold flavors make it a perfect match for salads and other dishes. Whether you love salads or want to add some pizzazz to your meals, cashew dressing is a delicious option to try!
Ingredients in Cashew Dressing
If you are looking for a plant-based dressing with no dairy, this is for you! It’s so simple and easy. Check out the exact ingredient measurements on the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Cashew Butter: This is what acts as the base of the classic cashew taste.
- Water: The water allows you to control how thick or thin the dressing is.
- Soy Sauce: I love the tanginess that soy sauce brings to the dressing.
- Sriracha Sauce: This is an ingredient that packs the heat, so only use a little to keep this milder.
- Garlic: You can use garlic from a jar or fresh garlic. About 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic equals about one clove of garlic.
- Honey: This acts as a sweetener to the dressing.
- Sesame Oil: The sesame oil brings in that Asian flair to the taste.
- Rice Vinegar: I love the flavor that rice vinegar adds to the dressing.
- Salt: The salt enhances all of the flavors.
- Red Pepper Flakes: These are optional, so use them as much or little as you want, depending on the heat level you are interested in.
How to Make Homemade Cashew Dressing
This Spicy Cashew Dressing is so easy to make! it takes less than 5 minutes, and then you can use it to dip veggies or add it to any salad that you love!
- Combine: In a medium bowl, combine the cashew butter, water, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, garlic, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt.
- Whisk: Whisk together until smooth and combined. You can also use the blender if you prefer.
- Add Water: Add a splash of water to reach desired consistency if needed.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tips that will make your spicy cashew dressing perfect for your needs!
- Use a blender or food processor: While you can whisk the ingredients together in a bowl, using a blender or food processor will give you a smoother and creamier dressing.
- Adjust the spice level: Taste the dressing as you go and adjust the amount of sriracha or red pepper flakes to your preferred level of spiciness.
- Consistency matters: If you prefer a thinner dressing, add a bit more water until you reach the desired consistency. For a thicker dressing, reduce the amount of water.
- Sweetness balance: The honey provides sweetness, but you can adjust it according to your taste. Add more honey for a sweeter dressing or reduce it for a less sweet version.
- Salt to taste: The soy sauce already adds saltiness, but you can adjust the amount of salt to suit your taste preferences.
You can make this dressing ahead of time and store it all week long! And trust me, once you get a taste of it, you will always want this!
In the Refrigerator: Once you make your dressing, store it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week. Shake before use.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Spicy Cashew Dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine the cashew butter, water, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, garlic, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt. You can also use the blender if you prefer.
- Whisk together until smooth and combined.
- Add a splash of water to reach desired consistency if needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.