My hubby’s mom would make him these pancakes every year on his birthday. So guess who just had a birthday? The hubs. But this birthday was a little more special than the rest. He turned 30!! I had to make him pannukakku of course and then completely surprised him with a getaway to a resort, snow tubing, a nixon watch, and the best tickets that I could buy to the Avalance vs Blackhawks game in Denver! Woot woot! I am a great wife like that. We had such a fun day together. I am so glad that after a year of asking his mom for the recipe to this that I finally got my hands on it! This is one delicious pancake!
Rating: Definitely 5 stars! Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Review: These are so excellent and easy. You probably have all of the ingredients on hand and ready to make. You can serve them up with fresh fruit on top, whip cream, syrup, or even some jam. I also served it with peppered bacon and found a new and delicious technique to make them in the oven. I will never make bacon on the stove again! This is a favorite family recipe that we will be making again and again!
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Place the butter in a 9×13 and put into the oven to melt and become slightly bubbly.
2. Whisk together (I do this in my kitchenaid) the 4 eggs until combined.
3. Add the flour, milk, salt, and sugar. Blend together until batter is thin.
4. Pull the pan out of the oven with the melted butter that is slightly bubbly.
5. Gently and slowly, pour the batter on top of the melted butter.
6. Cook for 30 minutes. When it is done, it will be golden brown around the edges and bubble up especially over the sides.
Bacon (I used the yummy thick stuff)
ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place the bacon laying side by side on top of the aluminum foil.
4. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until desired crispness.
5. Once done, transfer to paper towels so that the excess grease can drain.
Peppered Bacon Recipe from The Baker Upstairs
Look at how much fun I had reminding my cute hubby that he is 30! I did buy him over the hill decorations. Except now I think over the hill is at least 60 these days!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016